Here's something that people may find useful!
I'm normally a Firefox fan, but I thought I'd give Opera a try. My first hurdle was that Control+Click in Firefox means "Open Link in New Tab". Ctrl+click in Opera just seems to load pages in the current tab (or current page).
So, I figured there must be a way to customise the behaviour. Initial results said "no", but then I found a page about editing Opera Settings.
In order to set up my custom Control+Left Mouse Click behaviour in Opera, I needed to:-
- Go to Tools -> Preferences
- Click on the Advanced Tab
- Select Shortcuts
- Duplicate the Opera Standard Mouse setup (and rename my duplicate as Marv Setup)
- Edit this Mouse setup
- Under Browser Window, hit "New"
- In the Input field, the command to enter is "Button1 ctrl" (without the quotes)
- For the Action, enter "Open link in new page" (without the quotes) - for Opera, "page" is the equivalent of "tab" in Firefox.
- Click OK a few times
Edit: Although a few people have said that you can accomplish what I want to do using the keyboard options, I've tried many permutations on Opera 9.50 in Windows XP/2003, and have been unable to get it to work. However, if you check my latest post below, I've found a solution!
Opera Ctrl Click to open in new page / tab updated